Effective immediately, the new LinquaCert certifications will now include an Internet link which will pull up a clear description of the respective test criteria. This provides those interested with even more information concerning the test content.
If you use our quality symbol for consumer advertising, then we strongly suggest that you only use the new LinquaCert quality symbol with said link. Otherwise, you may receive a warning from consumer protection agencies or face legal action from third parties for violating competition law (UWG).
If you use quality symbols which do not include this link, please ensure that the www.linquacert.com/basis is used as a reference.
Management System Certification / Voluntary Examination
Basis for Examination:
International Standard ISO 17100
(requirements for translation services)
ISO International Organization for Standardization
What does the ISO 17100 standard entail?
The ISO 17100 standard defines requirements for translation services. These include, among other things:
- The company having set up appropriate procedures for the provision of services. The company analyzes and respects the quality requirements of its customers and those of the standards.
- The company having undergone a voluntary audit (on-site audit) based on defined criteria (audit specifications).
- A certificate and/or permission to use the quality symbol is only granted if there are no major deviations from the requirements of the test basis throughout the course of the test itself.
- Certificates and/or quality symbols are issued for a limited time. You can check the validity of individual certificates on the LinquaCert “References” page.
- Certification requires maintaining annual, announced audits that produce positive results.
- Unannounced audits may take place on occasion.
- The ISO 17100 is not a product certification. A statement regarding the quality of a service provided by the certified customer can therefore not be made.
- ISO 17100 certification cannot guarantee error-free work, although this is its goal.